Sunday, May 2, 2010

Something I've Always Wanted To Do


This weekend the Psychic Fair was in town. I went down there with one task in mind and that was to have my aura photographed. I have a few books about photographs of "the invisible" and they all include aura Polaroid portraits and I've always wanted to have one of myself. I have to say that I've never seen so many kooks in one place at the same time. Well, except for the Renaissance Pleasure Fair when I was about 5. There were a lot of con artists the Psychic Fair too and they kept trying to get in the way of my mission. I got attached my a woman doing henna tattoos. I got cornered by a short, bald New Yorker with my phone number on his mind. There were people rubbing greasy crystals on women's faces to eliminate their wrinkles, there was a man playing a very long didgery doo that was pointed at the chest of a woman with her eyes closed, and people selling flowing gowns like the ones Stevie Nicks wears. Just to list a few of the things I observed. Before I left the house to go to the fair my housemate asked me if I thought my aura was going to be pink. "I'll just have to wait and see." Here is the photo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so what does it mean if your aura is pink?