Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Midnight Call

On Sunday at 2 a.m. someone called on my cell phone. My alarm clock is broken so I have to use my cell phone for an alarm and I can't turn it off. My phone didn't ID the caller. I looked at the number and there were way too many digits. I put it down and went back to sleep. In the morning I looked up the country code. 88. Bangladesh. The only person I know from Bangladesh is my friend Raj so I sent him and email to see if he was there. Nope. Since my name starts with A I am often the first person someone's phone calls by accident. On Sunday night I was talking to a friend and he happened to mentioned that he'd gone out on Saturday night with his best friend to celebrate the Indian New Year. His friend is East Indian. Maybe it was just a drunk person celebrating and calling by accident. Then I realized there is only one other person I knew was in that part of the world that night. President Barack Obama. I bet it was him. I should have answered the phone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why have I not found your blog until now? Now any time I need a smirk, smile or little giggle I only need stop in here to visit with you for a little while. So glad you are here.

(Yeah, in person is better but this'll do for now.)

Oh and happy Xmas!