Saturday, July 7, 2012

Noir

Tonight I ate dinner and was thinking of getting ready for bed when I realized that I had forgotten to return a video. I put on my down jacket and walked up to Valencia Street. It was cold and windy and the weather was making me grouchy and I thought about going home and writing to my friend, Tony, in Brazil to tell him I'm moving there. It's one place I know is hot all the time. At Lost Weekend Video I told Ben, who works there, that my good friend, Gerald, had moved back to New York City today. Ben and Gerald used to shoot the shit and if Ben hadn't seen Gerald in a while he would ask me where Gerald had been and what he was up to. I left the video store and started walking home. There was a black man walking in front of me and he was walking at an oddly slow pace. I past him and he said, "Why does everyone in this town walk so much faster than I do?" So, he walked me all the way home and guess where his was from? Yes, Nigeria. And guess what he talked about the entire way to my apartment? Yes, how he can't believe how great the weather is here. "The best weather in the world," he kept saying.

No comments: