Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dog Hair and Spider Webs

The other day before I went to work I walked to the bank. On the way there a woman almost ran me over. Twice. Once when I was in her way in the crosswalk and the next time when I was in her way on the sidewalk. When I got to the bank I couldn't make my deposit because someone had graffitied all over the ATM screens. I gave up and went to work. I've been painting a house out in Orinda. Yes, students who are reading my blog, I make more money painting in a week than I do teaching two classes for a month. Anyway, it is nice an quiet out there and it smells good and there is parking everywhere. No garbage, barf, or human shits on the sidewalk. "Why do I live in the city?" I thought to myself when I got out there. Later in the day I went to deposit my check at the ATM in Orinda and watched overly self entitled people honk and yell at each other from their Lexus'. Isn't there an in between? I am trying to figure out where that is. God, please don't let it be Pacifica. The most beautiful place in the world with the worst weather and the worst architecture. The house I was painting had spider webs all over the ceiling. When I was on the ladder they would get all over my face. There was also fluffy yellow dog hair all over the floor and when I painted along the baseboards the dog hair would get all over my face. Here is a photo from the house on New Year's Eve. Guess what I also did on New Years Day?

No comments: