Friday, June 13, 2008

Watch

In April I lost my watch. It wasn't an expensive watch and it didn’t have any sentimental value, I just don’t like loosing things. Also, I had just bought a new band for the old watch before I lost it. If you are a teacher and a wedding photographer you kind of need to know what time it is. I went about a week without a watch thinking I’d find it but it never showed up. Finally, just before I went off to shoot a wedding, I broke down and bought a watch at Walgreen’s for $9.99. It wasn’t bad looking but it had a plastic band. Yesterday, after two months of thinking my old watch would show up, I gave up and went and bought a new band for my new watch. It looks exactly like the plastic band. I can barely tell the difference. Last night at halftime during my soccer game I was standing next to my soccer bag and when I looked down at it I could see my old watch face staring up at me from inside the pocket.

No comments: