Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Brush With Fame

I have this package I have been trying to send for days. Last week I went to the local video store/post office but they were closed for vacation. Yesterday I went back and the door was open but the windows were all blacked out. I must have been distracted and didn't see the closed sign on the door. When I walked in the usual nice moms weren't there. The place was full of hot chicks and dudes. This guy came up to me and said, "Are you here for the shoot?" When I looked confused he told me that they were making an adult film and they needed extras if I wanted to be in it. I told him that I needed to go to work and everyone in the place said, "Oh, you should stay." But I had to go. I have a feeling I missed my 15 minutes with fame. Last night I went and trimmed weed for some extra cash. It was the classic set up. A ware house in the Bayview with an ill behaved pit bull named Sierra. A toilet but no sink. Just a hose going into the bathtub from the other room. Posters of naked women on the walls and an A's game on the radio. The guy who hired me was half an hour late and not quite all there when he finally arrived. He kept asking me the same questions over and over and remembering my answers wrong if he remembered them at all. He would leave for a while then come back more stoned and drunk every time. The first time he came back and did a deal. He told the guys about getting pulled over by the same cop twice in one night when he was so drunk he shouldn't have been driving at all. He left another time and came back with different guy and they played with guns and BMX bikes for a while. At the end of the night he owed me $100 and he handed me a five by accident because he was so toasted. I couldn't make this shit up. I have a feeling things are going down hill.

1 comment:

leighwells said...

good god, alice... no, I guess you can't make that shit up. wonder if that guy was my cousin.