Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lights Out

Sunday before last I was sitting at home with nothing to do. It was a usual cold and windy summer night that makes you want to stay home. But I decided, "Fuck it! I'm going to the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge." I had made dinner plans at a restaurant with a group of friends to watch the festivities but it fell apart. I jumped on my bike and rode to the Marina just in time to see the fireworks start. Some of the best fireworks I've ever seen. Almost as good as Bastille Day in France in the rain in 1987. I couldn't see cuz I'm so damned short so I did something I would never normally do. I got up on the hood of a brand new white SUV in the police parking lot so I could see. I had a great view. But for some reason they turned the lights out on the bridge! Wasn't that what it was all about? When I went home I rode my bike passed city hall. They usually light it to reflect what is happening outside the walls of the hall. Pink for Valentine's Day. Green and red for Christmas. It was glowing orange that night. I thought it was Halloween.

No comments: