Monday, August 20, 2012

Drunk Driving

Last week I stayed out too late at the bar after our soccer game like I usually do. It's always Paul's fault. Sometimes it's hard to find a parking space when I get home, but, this time when I turned onto my block, there was a spot just down from my apartment. It was just sitting there. Empty. I parked, went inside, and climbed right into bed without even taking a shower. It was so late and I was so tired. I don't have much work right now so I left my car in the same spot for three days before I had to move it for street cleaning. It was then when I realized why nobody else had nabbed that parking place. Why it had been just sitting there waiting there for me. My car was covered with crap from the drunken birds who had been eating the fermented plumbs that were also falling on my car and had dried to it. Those birds in the tree sounded so happy. Like my soccer team mates celebrating our win. I moved my car out of the way of the street sweeper to the car wash.

No comments: